Thursday 27 February 2014

I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Dir: Robert Zemeckis
1978
*****
I've said it countless time before and i'm going to say it again. Actually no I'm not. Wait, I can't resist, I'm saying it again, the 70's is the best decade for film. Probably. So how great was it to discover a great film that I'd never heard of! I Wanna Hold Your Hand is Robert 'I made Back to the Future and then made crap 3D cartoons' Zemeckis's debut film....and it's fantastic. Being the 70's and being young and inexperienced he really goes for it. How many teenage girls got injured in the making of this film? Doesn't matter, every bruise, break and ruptured spleen is worth it. Wendie Jo Sperber, rest her soul, performed the one of the funniest roles I've ever enjoyed, her and the brilliant Eddie Deezen were a match made in heaven. Each character holds their own in each given sequence and each sequence is as funny as each other. My wife and I laughed a lot. This isn't a classic! Why the hell not! Forget the Beatles, it's not really about them, unless you like the Beatles then you'll like it too but then every should like this. If you don't like it you must be mad or weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment