Thursday 27 February 2014

Kill Bill Vol.2
Dir: Quentin Tarantino
2004
****
Kill Bill Vol.2 is far superior to the first in my opinion. The action/Martial arts sequences are less but more concise, the script is far more intelligently written and the performances are twice as good. There are aspects of the franchise that annoy me still; Who cares what her name is for instance, I remember the buzz at the time, everyone was speculating what the brides name was like it was something important. The random type that would randomly show up on screen, the 'Gargantuan' speech, the pedantic tenancies of the characters...the list goes on. These are Tarantinoisums that I'm not sure I will ever appreciate. That said, I thought the unexpectedly subtle approach to the sequel compared to the somewhat raucous first film showed a maturity to QT's work that I really liked. It looked like it was going to be a predictable affair but it was anything but and that kept it fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment