Thursday 27 February 2014

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Dir: Stephan Chbosky
2012
**
I found it very hard to connect with the story, situations or with any of the characters. I had my teenage films, this is this generation's film, I get that but we all go through the same things, nothing has changed that dramatically. So stop listening to our music (get your own), cheer up and stop being so bloody selfish! This is of course the natural reaction of someone who doesn't fully remember what it was like to be that age any more but with the not great memory that I do have, I don't remember it being that bad. 'Serious teen drama' is almost a contradiction in terms, nothing is as serious as it seems to us at that age and to write a book/make a film along those lines is basically the result of an adult making money out of teenagers misery and awkwardness. Do yourselves a favour kids, don't bother with the book or film, call round a friends house and go out and have some fun while you're young and care free. Just make sure you tidy your room first.

No comments:

Post a Comment