Tuesday 18 March 2014

Alex Cross
Dir: Rob Cohen
2012
***
I've not read any of the Alex Cross books so I can't say whether this is a good adaptation or not but I have seen the two other Alex Cross films and I think I liked them, it's hard to tell as my older reviews are crap but there is just as much to like as there is to dislike. I'm unfamiliar with Tyler Perry, looking at his IMDB page though he does seem to be an odd choice, so I can see why people have questioned his casting. This is the first Edward Burns film I haven't hated, so that is a nice change. The conclusion was obvious 30 minutes into the film but I was mildly entertained throughout. My biggest reaction to the film though was 'Is that really Matthew Fox'? Seriously? Good work Mr. Fox, please reward yourself with cake, ice cream, a really big sandwich, fried chicken, anything, just please eat something. We do not need another Matthew McConaughey.

No comments:

Post a Comment