Friday 28 March 2014

Blade Runner
Dir: Ridley Scott
1982
*****
Everything about this film is perfect. The acting, the direction, the lighting, the soundtrack.... I don't care which version either, they're all brilliant! It's nothing like the book and for once it actually improves on the source material (although understandably Philip K. Dick disagreed). The 1980's neon vision of the future, the haunting Vangelis soundtrack, the beautiful 'Like tears in the rain' script and stunning direction are all the best that cinema has to offer. It's deserving of the huge praise it has received since it was released in 1982 and I would argue that it is one of the greatest films of all time. It's one of the few films I can honestly say I can submerge myself in and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment