Thursday 6 March 2014

Down Terrace
Dir: Ben Wheatley
2010
***
I seem to have watched Ben Wheatley's films the wrong way round. Now I've seen all but one, I'm starting to think the man is a genre unto himself. Much like his other work, Down Terrace is eerie, dark, clever and funny. Other directors have managed similar feats but there is something individually sinister and funny about Wheatley's work that really makes it stand out among the rest. I dare say it's love or hate stuff but I for one can't wait to see what he does next! It's nice to see a Father and Son team up that isn't the Smiths (Will and Jaden). It's nice to see natural performances too, everyone does a great job without trying too hard or not trying hard enough. I always thought there was something wrong with Jay's Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment