Wednesday 26 March 2014

Gimme The Loot
Dir: Adam Leon
2012
*****
Gimme The Loot was a pleasant surprise and a breath of fresh air. A simple, humble and tender premise, a wonderfully subtle relationship and a fun and original story. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. The two relatively unknown leads were perfect in their realistic performances, I don't know if there was ad libbing or a structured script but because I am unsure just goes to show how masterfully crafted this film really is. It's unusual but it's real, something that the industry needs a little bit more of these days. It reminded me of films such as 'Who's That Knocking At My Door', 'Greetings' and 'Permanent Vacation'. We all know what happened to those directors so I nominate Adam Leon as a director to watch and as possibly 'The next big thing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment