Wednesday 19 March 2014

Indie Game: The Movie
Dir: James Swirsky, Lisanne Pajot
2012
***
The first job I had out of University was working for Sega. They weren't very nice to me so it is nice to see nice people going it alone and succeeding for a change. However, unless you're into gaming and programming this film will have limited appeal. Yes, it is nice to see people rewarded for hard work but I'm really not sure I care. The games did look fun, working for Sega pretty much killed my enjoyment of video games and I've hardly touched a control pad since (and that was 13 years ago) but I can't help but think playing a game for a couple of hours may have been a little more interesting. It was nice to see the creative process though and was helpful to a degree with my own creative ventures. Needless to say, this is compulsory viewing for all budding programmers and game nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment