Monday 3 March 2014

Let Me In
Dir: Matt Reeves
2010
****
A completely unnecessary remake of Let the Right One in but I'm impressed none the less. It doesn't bring more to the story and Kodi Smit-McPhee reminded me too much of Lukas Haas's character in The Lady in White. I'm afraid I didn't think much of his performance compared to Kare Hedebrant's. I also thought Lina Leandersson was better than Chloe Grace Moretz but I was still pretty impressed by her. What I would say though is that Let Me In was visually more impressive. Less subtle, which was the beauty of the original but some of the scenes where just stunning. The back seat of the car shot is probably one of the most impressive scenes I've ever seen in a film. Very good in its own right but see the original first.

No comments:

Post a Comment