Wednesday 19 March 2014

Noel
Dir: Chazz Palminteri
2004
*
Absolute garbage. Personally, when I'm not hating things with a passion, I can see 101 things of beauty in one day. There are beautiful things happening all over the place. Talented story tellers know this and the good ones can express this in the median of their choice. There are many great films that show beauty in the simplest of things, the really clever ones show us beauty where you generally don't expect it. In Noel, Chazz Palminteri (of all people) tries to show beauty in all sorts of nonsensical situations, most of which are ridiculous, unbelievable and down right stupid. He slips up loads of times too, continuity goes right out the window but then that's just me being a moody bum-humbug fool that doesn't believe in fairy-tales. I don't believe in reincarnation, I don't believe in coma-ghosts, I don't believe those with Alzheimer's secretly know exactly what is going on and that they're all just pretending, I don't believe hospitals can keep you against your will, I don't believe Christmas eve lasts 48 hours, I don't believe shops are open until 2am, I don't believe stories about dead babies should be classed as 'Comedy', I don't believe that insulting homosexuals really helps the anti-homophobic message, I don't believe that all poor people live in green apartments, I don't believe Home decorators work late on Christmas eve and are all homosexual, I don't believe anyone is proud with their involvement in this film and I don't believe it was a mistake that Robin William's name was missing from the credits. Oh, and I don't believe in Santa either. Stupid me, what an ass I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment