Thursday 20 March 2014

Rocky II
Dir: Sylvester Stallone
1979
****
The structure of this film is pretty much the same as in the first, its just a bit bigger, if not a little cheesier in places. You have Rocky running up the steps again but this time he has a billion and one kids with him, he's still trying to get the girl but this time its out of a coma, but, you get the picture. The good thing is that everything I liked about the first film is improved, specifically, the humour and dialogue between Rocky and Adrian. Its a very witty film and I would go as far to say that its a much better script then the first. Alas, the fight scene for me was a little too much, or should I say, a little far fetched. An unnecessary (but enjoyable) sequel in many ways but then again, you can't have a franchise without a sequel and I do love the franchise. Rocky could spend 90 minutes punching his way out of a paper bag and I'd probably still enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment