Monday 3 March 2014

The Last Stand
Dir: Kim Jee-Woon
2013
**
It was all going so well! I was ready to give it a 'Fun' 3 star rating but I just can't. The cast is impressive with firm favorites; Peter Stormare, Forest Whitaker,Jaimie Alexander, Luis Guzman and Harry Dean Stanton in supporting roles, Arnie 'Back' like he said he'd be and what I thought would be the comedy element from Johnny Knoxville. I thought you couldn't go wrong. Problem is that it started serious and then went over the top silly. I'm not asking for it to be sensible in the slightest but the misguided comedy was too much and towards the end of the film I was bored. Johnny Knoxville actually went a long way in ruining it for me. Arnie could do with a few acting refresher courses too! Seen it all before done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment