Tuesday 11 March 2014

The Proposal
Dir: Anne Fletcher
2009
**
This film started badly for me when I suggested watching it as a treat to my wife as she's a bit of a Ryan Gosling fan. Guys - always make sure it's a Ryan Gosling film and not a Ryan Reynolds film in these situations. I watched the whole film from the confines of the Dog house. Anyway, The Proposal was no worse and no better than I expected. It isn't very good. It has all the old cliches you'd expect but with added original horrors. However, I'm somewhat in awe of Sandra Bullock. I was annoyed that she was cheapened and convinced to strip down to gain ratings. I was then annoyed with myself for enjoying said scenes. What can I do? I'm only human! (reptile, same thing). I'm ashamed to say I'm rating this film on a short semi-naked scene involving Sandra Bullock, I promise this will never happen again. Please don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment