Friday 21 March 2014

Thor: The Dark World
Dir: Alan Taylor
2013
****
Thor: The Dark World improves on the original vastly, as it needed to do. I still don't like Natalie Portman's character much but I can live with it. Apart from there not being enough Jaimie 'Should have been cast as Wonder Woman' Alexander screen time, it was pretty much spot on. The character has really captured the essence of the comic and has improved on it. The final showdown was intelligent and breathtaking, not since the grand finale of Superman 2 have I been more thrilled at the end of a Superhero film. Marvel really are on a roll, I'm a DC man myself and I'm hoping my team will sort themselves out and give them a run for their money (but out of passion rather than financial one-upmanship. Loved that Cameo!

No comments:

Post a Comment