Friday 11 April 2014

Ai WeiweiNever Sorry
Dir: Alison Klayman
2012
****
Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry is a good place to start if you are unaware of who Ai Weiwei is and what he does. For someone that has followed him for years it didn't bring much that I didn't already know apart for full access to his private life and some work life. It's great to see and works as a brilliant companion piece to all the work of his that I've seen previously. I recommend it to anyone with interest in politics and art and those with an open mind. My only criticism is that it didn't answer the big question, what happened to him in those months he disappeared and how has it changed him? I guess it's too early to really know but I hope he gets back to his old self soon, the world needs him, even though the world doesn't necessarily realise it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment