Friday 11 April 2014

AlienResurrection
Dir: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
1997
****
I seem to be one of the only people who really like AlienResurrection. I would argue that it's not just because I'm a big Jean-Pierre Jeunet fan either. To be fair to Jean-Pierre Jeunet, he had the hardest film in the series to follow as *Spoiler* Ripley died in the last one, so I think he did a pretty good job considering. I have read that this film was offered to many great directors before Jeunet and they all terned it down as it was just too hard a project to work on, so credit due. Sure the half Alien/half human monster looked rubbish but apart from that it was ace. The underwater scene alone should have fans agreeing that it certainly isn't rubbish. I've heard many of the people who say they preferred Aliens to Alien say that Resurrection is rubbish which I don't fully understand. If everyone prefers the action over the intelligence then surely this fourth film with it's full on 'Predator' style action and ideas of cross genetics serves both? I really wish they'd follow on from this story but I think there is little chance of ever happening, especially now that the Alien vs. Predator series exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment