Friday 4 April 2014

Alpha Dog
Dir: Nick Cassavetes
2006
*
I hate this film immensely. The characters are very unlikable, I guess they're meant to be but without a protagonist or anyone to get behind it becomes a tiresome wait for the end credits. I know it is unfair to compere someone to their parents when their parents were so successful but I'm going to anyway because I really think Nick Cassavetes is cashing in on the family name. He's roped in all his Dad's mates for starters - all are horrible in his films because he can't direct (or write) for toffee. The direction on this film is truly terrible. I think Ben Foster probably came out best in this mess because over acting is at least acting. If I could unwatch any film it would be this one. It has no redeeming features what-so-ever. Don't get me started on Sharon Stones fat suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment