Friday 11 April 2014

Before Sunset
Dir: Richard Linklater
2004
*****
Before Sunrise gathered a huge global fan-base on its realise without becoming mainstream. It was a beautiful little indie that passed most people by, so you felt lucky to have caught it. I think the announcement of a sequel was a bit of a surprise to most people, I certainly had my concerns, but thankfully, Linklater, Hawke and Delpy came up trumps. It's basically a continuation of the first film, albeit nine years later. I challenge any cynic not to applaud the way this film handles, not just the question of love, but also how your perceptions of love change through time. Another beautiful film but I think it can be left alone now, there is no need for a third, we'll just use our imaginations as to what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment