Friday 4 April 2014

Jack the Giant Slayer
Dir: Bryan Singer
2013
***
Jack the Giant Slayer is fairly hit and miss. The retelling of the story is welcome as there isn't really a definitive film of the story but I have to say the eclectic casting kind of threw me a bit at first. I'm not sure I liked all of the CGI either, surely the giants could have been played by real people and the few small people could have been shrunk down? Yeah, the giants looked a bit crap to honest but not to the point where they spoil the film, they will just marginally bother you. Probably. It's nice to report that it is original though as even though everyone knows the story, this version wasn't at all predictable but then, I was expecting the worst so you could say I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment