Thursday 10 April 2014

Old School
Dir: Todd Phillips
2003
*
I didn't like it. Maybe it's because, once again, I'm the last one to the party and it's all about the nostalgia or maybe it's because each actor and the director have made much better films of its ilk since. Maybe it's because I'm not 12. Maybe it's because I went to a British University and had lots of crazy fun without having to hang upside down each time I wanted to drink beer. Maybe it's because Snoop Doggy Dog never came to any of my parties. Maybe it's because I don't see women as sex objects and/or as nagging wives. Maybe I've seen it all before, maybe the film isn't very original, maybe it doesn't elaborate or build on its own premise or live up to it. Maybe the film is crap but I'm the only one that thinks so. Maybe the film is a masterpiece but I'm the only one that doesn't think so. Maybe I'm deluded. Maybe everyone else is deluded. Maybe I've lost touch with the rest of the human race, I think this is possible. Or maybe, just maybe, this is one of the worst films ever made? I didn't laugh, I didn't enjoy and I find it very hard to see what everyone sees in it. Maybe I'm nuts and just can't see that seeing Will Ferrell's naked bottom is the funniest thing ever recorded on film? If that is the case then poor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment