Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Chronicles of NarniaThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Dir: Andrew Adamson
2005
**
I loved the books as a child and I have seen many versions of TLTWATW. The BBC version in the late 80's was particularly memorable and unfortunately, seems to have been the source materiel for this version, rather than the book itself (although it doesn't wander too far). I personally would have preferred them to have kept it Chronological and started with my favourite, The Magician's Nephew. I'm guessing that would have been a financial risk though but that seems to be the problem. No risk has been taken and so it feels like something we've seen before. It's not bad but it certainly isn't the version to end all versions, not that that is such a bad thing though. Santa giving young children knives is my favourite part, brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment