Tuesday 29 April 2014

The Hunger Games:Catching Fire
Dir: Francis Lawrence
2013
***
I'm afraid I still don't get what all the fuss is about. A plethora of great actors but with no really good performance. I liked the political side of the story but I preferred it when it was originally conceived in George Orwell's 1984. It makes me worried that kids are reading Suzanne Collins's books over Orwell's, when they are poor imitations. I'm not knocking The Hunger Games but compared to Orwell they are inferior in every way and that is the truth kids. This sequel is a long winded copy of the first film which in turn was a copy of Battle Royale. Catching Fire is a much better film than Battle Royale II and is far more interesting than the first Hunger Games film but it does not deserve the praise it has received. It's watchable, even enjoyable to a certain extent but I very much doubt I will watch it ever again and really can't see it as a future classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment