Saturday 10 May 2014

The Heat
Dir: Paul Feig
2013
**
I'm torn. On one hand I love Sandra Bullock, have done for some time and then on the other hand I hate, actually loath Melissa McCarthy. She's fat and she swears. Is that funny? The extra footage on the DVD release has hours of unused footage of 'Gag reel' that shows just how unfunny and poor at ad libbing she really is. I would bet that out of 100 hours of inprov you would probably get 2 minutes of usable material. Sandra Bullock is funny and better than this although I liked her here, even though she's played this character a few times too many already. Paul Feig is a funny man, it's just that his films aren't. Bridesmaids was overrated, I think with the release of The Heat people will start to see that. I'll be fair, I did laugh a few times, swap Melissa McCarthy with someone genuinely funny and I would have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment