Tuesday 27 May 2014

The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Dir: Chris Weitz
2009
*
I wasn't a huge fan of the first film but I thought this one was going to have a bit more of a Vampires vs. Werewolves theme so I gave it a go. I was disappointed to say the least. Like I said in my review of the original Twilight, I was never in the target audience but even then, I went through teenage angst and went through a 'Goth' stage, I had my heart broken etc etc, but this is depressing even by depressed thirteen year old pubescent standards. I've never really got the romantic idea of Vampyrism either, cheer up you miserable buggers, you make hard-core Trekkies look cool! Anyway, all that aside, this is a very dull film about a vacuous and particularly annoying girl that I didn't like very much. Where the story dragged the direction should have picked up but it didn't. It's like a rainy day at the sea-side. I really don't understand the fuss over Kristen Stewart either, maybe it's the role but I see nothing worthy of all the accolades she's received.

No comments:

Post a Comment