Tuesday 27 May 2014

Twilight
Dir: Catherine Hardwicke
2008
**
It's fair to say that I've never been in the target audience for Twilight and I'm certainly never going to be. I'll be nice though. The direction was impressive and the soundtrack was brilliant but... The acting was awful, the script was bizarre (and also awful), the story didn't grab me and Kristen Stewart is dead behind the eyes. I did like the bit when Robert Pattinson's Edward gave Stewart's Bella a 100ph piggy-back ride but that was about it. I really don't see the appeal of this miserable teen-vampire malarkey and, fantasy or not, the idea of a 108 year old who enters a high-school in order to get it on with a seventeen year old girl leaves a nasty taste in my mouth but like I said, I guess I'm not the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment