Thursday 12 June 2014

PantaniThe Accidental Death of a Cyclist
Dir: James Erskine
2014
***
A good documentary needs to be careful how subjective it is, PantaniThe Accidental Death of a Cyclist is factual and also open to interpretation and yet somehow inconclusive. When covering what is essentially a bit of a mystery then it is important not to lead the viewer down the road to an answer if you don't actually have one. This is usually fine but in this instance the elusive Pantani still remains Pantani. I am now aware of his achievements but I do not know anything more about the man behind them. It's entertaining though, myself and my Wife were glued to the screen throughout and neither of us stopped it halfway through to make a cup of tea (this never happens) so it's got something right, I just felt a tiny bit cheated at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment