Wednesday 9 July 2014

Fred Claus
Dir: David Dobkin
2007
*
You don't have to be a cynical old Scrooge like me to see through this transparent nonsense. The moral message is totally confused, just when it becomes time to explain themselves, someone throws a dwarf in the air like it's funny and socially acceptable. Where exactly was Santa born and in what time period? At least it got one thing right, Christmas is all about receiving - that's it. I would say that this is just another capitalist consumer Coca-cola Christmas story but I don't think the writers are that intelligent. The only redeeming feature was the support for people living in their brothers shadow scene but then even that felt like a wasted opportunity. I can't say I was that disappointed though as it pretty much matched my low expectations. Directed by David Dobkin, ah now it makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment