Wednesday 3 September 2014

Safe
Dir: Boaz Yakin
2012
***
Safe is typically what you'd expect from a Luc Besson production, except, this isn't a Luc Besson production. This is a Lawrence Bender/Kevin Spacey production, which makes for an odd mix I think you'd agree. So it's a character based thriller with a bit of action, it's Boaz Yakin's film first and foremost but he has to admit there is an element of familiarity about the film. Personally I think Yakin is an overlooked writer, a capable director but a better writer. I wonder if Safe is more about making money for a future production rather than a work of passion, I like a mindless Jason Statham film as much as the next man but I think everyone involved is better than the film as a whole. That all said, it is what it is, tune in, switch off and enjoy. That's what I did anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment