Friday 17 October 2014



Night of the Living Dead
Dir: Tom Savini
1990
**
George A. Romero remake starring Tony Todd and directed by horror legend Tom Savini! Sounds brilliant doesn't it, but unfortunately it isn't. Firstly, the acting let it down terribly and the lack of gore was disappointing and a bit puzzling considering its director. Its a pointless remake for people who don't watch black & white films as far as I can see, I'm not sure anyone really expected the same level of social and political comment found in the original but I did like the different ending, it was unexpected and I would argue, nearly as good as the original. Not enough to save it though. Overall, it was an odd decision by Savini who worked on my favorite Zombie film of Romero's; Dawn of the Dead and is fondly associated with the franchise. It's not all horrible but you can't improve on a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment