Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dir: Marc Webb
2014
***
I like Spider-Man because of his wit, his cheeky one-liners and his youthfulness. I like his comics because he has easily got some of the best villains of the Superpowers genre. So why can't they seem to get them right? I liked the change of costume for Electro, The Green Goblin and The Rhino and I think they way they made them believable was very clever (In comic adaptation terms anyway). The action and CGI is over the top, Spider-Man isn't alone in this, it seems to be the current trend but I'm not sure how long it can last especially when it seems to take president over script...and what a terrible script it is. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is twice as big and makes twice the amount of mistakes as the first film but Marc Webb seems to be unapologetic and I admire that to a degree. After the first film I wonder if he just thought to hell with it, can't please everyone so I may as well indulge myself and indulge himself he did. Credit due for that family unfriendly ending too although The Dark Knight it ain't, so lets leave it there please. It's a mess, a likable mess but a mess all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment