Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man
Dir: Marc Webb
2012
**
I thought Marc Webb's version of Spider-man brought a lot to the story that was lacking in Raimi's version but I also think Raimi's version better represented the character of Peter Parker. They are pretty much equal because they are pretty much the same film. Thus, Raimi's version is better because it was the original, Webb's version is already a bit tired and feels like a bit of a cash in but neither have got it spot on in my opinion. It also slumps in the middle massively and the beginning of the film takes ages to get going with the transformation (an important factor in origin stories) sequence happening (and ending) within seconds. Overall I was disappointed, Killer Croc was a bit of a disappointment too, everyone has their favourite Spiderman baddie (mine is Mysterio) but I thought he looked a bit rubbish. He also didn't wear his lab coat long enough for my liking. Andrew Garfield has yet to convince me either, he's trying a little too hard at being something he doesn't look that comfortable being.

No comments:

Post a Comment