Tuesday 21 October 2014




The Cabin in the Woods
Dir: Drew Goddard
2011
*****
In my opinion The Cabin in the Woods has changed the horror genre forever. For the better I might add. It really does have something for every type of horror fan, whether it's gore, slasher, comedy or whatever, it's all there. It's clever too, nothing is cliched, in fact, this is the anti-cliche horror film. A satirical horror film to silence every horror fan/blogger, long time coming and done brilliantly. I loved the characters, the monsters, the story line and I loved the outcome. There is absolutely nothing I disliked about it, I thought it was brilliant. It felt underground, yet mainstream but is probably best filed under cult. Most importantly, it will hopefully make everyone else raise their game, enough remaking, think outside the box. And to think The Innkeepers was touted as the best horror of 2011, The Cabin in the Woods is one of the greatest horror films of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment