Monday 3 November 2014


I'm So Excited!
Dir: Pedro Almodóvar
2013
****
If Volver was a little too art-house, Broken embraces a little too emotional and The Skin I live in just that little too odd for you and you crave the old days of Dark Habits, Matador and Tie me up! Tie me down!, Well then good news Pedro Almodóvar fans, he's back to his raunchy, over the top unashamedly camp self! Not that he has ever stopped being any of those things, but here in I'm so excited it really does feel like he's gone back in time and made a film like the ones he made that made us fall in love with him the first time round. I'm so excited mixes every genre under the sun and almost feels like a tribute to the elaborate, ridiculous but always fabulous Soup Operas that I guess Spain has managed to continue, where other countries seem to have forgotten. It's everything you could want from a lighthearted and outrageous Almodóvar film. An absolute pleasure for an old fan like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment