Friday 14 November 2014

The Love Guru
Dir: Marco Schnabel
2008
***
Usually when a film is so hyped I often feel let down when I come to eventually seeing it. In the case of The Love Guru it is the other way round. Everyone hates it and everyone said not to watch it so I didn't. It was on TV the other day and I thought i'd give it a go and was surprised to find that it was quite funny. I honestly don't understand the hate for this film, it's much better than Goldmember and it had a couple of real laugh out loud moments. It's a little bit of more of the same from Mike Myers but I like him so was happy. I can think of many other films that were worse in 2008, I've seen What Happens In Vegas rated higher than The Love Guru, I mean, what the hell is that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment