Tuesday 9 December 2014

Confessions of a Shopaholic
Dir: P. J. Hogan
2009
*
I don't like the term 'Chick-flick' so I'm not going to use it. I suggest those who both use the term and like this film are as brain dead as the writers behind it. The message here is completely lost as addiction (which is a serious issue), debt (which is a serious issue) and being stupid (which is a serious issue) are all laughed at and handled irresponsibly. Seriously though, this is quite bad taste considering the times we live in, there is nothing 'cute' or 'adorable' about consumerism, addiction or selfishness. The fact that our protagonist is then rewarded for her bad behaviour only helps dilute what was left of any kind of moral. Truly awful stuff and insulting towards women (although puzzling as it is I never seem to hear Women complain about it - which only makes me hate it more).

No comments:

Post a Comment