Thursday 18 December 2014



Jonah Hex
Dir: Jimmy Hayward
2010
**
When it comes to comics, I'm more a DC man (Vertigo) - until it comes to film adaptations that is. When reading my favourite comics, Transmetropolitan, The Boys, DMZ, 100 Bullets, The Invisibles...the list goes on, I think to myself 'They should totally make this into a movie' - then a film like Jonah Hex and Green Lantern come along and you think, actually some things are best left in comics. That said, I've never been much of a Jonah Hex or Green Lantern fan so I'm not that bothered. They messed up with Constantine which was pretty unforgivable, so for now I reckon comics like Scalped and Preacher are safe but Hex was expendable and worth the risk. For all it's negative reviews though, Jonah Hex isn't a terrible film, some parts were quite good and I especially liked the 'Talking to the dead' scenes. Unfortunately the entire film is just completely forgettable..what was I talking about again?

No comments:

Post a Comment