Thursday 15 January 2015

Frenzy
Dir: Alfred Hitchcock
1972
**
An odd choice of film to make if you ask me and he'd already directed similar films to a much higher standard. The humour in some scenes does make up for a lot of the bad but for me this doesn't resemble anything of the director who's films I adore. The story is weak and the script is pretty awful too. One of the awful lines in the film that shocked me the most went along the lines of this: A Lawyer says to a barmaid while discussing the serial killer - 'He rapes his victims before murdering them, so every cloud has a silver lining eh love' - to which she is seen to go coy and giggles a lot. I suppose it is quite reminiscent of the awful TV from back then (although it wasn't all awful, it just dated very quickly). Best forgotten in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment