Wednesday 21 January 2015



I, Frankenstein
Dir: Stuart Beattie
2014
**
I, Frankenstein is a modern update on the classic story. I quite like the way it lead on from where the classic story ended, although I always liked the sinister ending of Mary Shelly's horror novel, I did always wonder what the Monster could go on to do. I'm not sure I, Frankenstein was the answer I was expecting or indeed wanted. Firstly, it is just like Underworld. Not surprising as it was written by the same guy, Kevin Grevioux, a talented writer but a samey production. Casting Bill Nighy in a very similar bad guy role didn't help. We've had so many versus films in recent years it's beginning to be original but Demons vs. Gargoyles is a little bit lame, I have to be honest and I'm afraid as much as I like him, Aaron Eckhart is the least convincing Frankenstein's monster ever committed to film. The special effects are great, the story, characters and performances are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment