Friday 30 January 2015


TransformersDark of the Moon
Dir: Michael Bay
2011
*
Shia LaBeouf was quoted as saying that 'We dropped the ball on the last one, next time we're really upping our game'. So now he's a liar as well as an annoying actor. I have referred to Megan Fox as a blow-up doll before but Rosie Huntington-Whiteley surpasses her dramatically. If you pause any of her scenes and look close, you can actually see a valve sticking out of her neck with a tiny 'Keep away from naked flames' label attached. So again, all women are portrayed as sex objects - or are they? No, Frances McDormand has joined the cast to smash any misconceptions that these films are sexist - Mrs McDormand plays a nagging headmistress type instead, so pats on the back all round there. Seriously though, Frances McDormand what are you doing? John Turturro what are you doing? John Malkovich what are you doing? Getting paid very well I hope! Okay, so here is something I liked about the movie. I liked the whole moon story and getting Buzz Aldrin to play himself was a great move. I also liked Leonard Nimoy as the voice of Sentinel Prime although the Star Trek puns wore very thin very quickly. I hated everything else but then it's pretty much the same as the two previous films and I hated them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment