Thursday 8 January 2015


Tyrannosaur
Dir: Paddy Considine
2011
*****
Devastatingly brutal but heartwarming and even a little uplifting. For a debut that's a pretty impressive contrast to achieve but achieve it he does, quite brilliantly too. Paddy Considine is an actor I really rate but now he's a director to look out for, although it is his writing that is most impressive here. Peter Mullan is another man you can trust, both in front and behind the camera as it happens, and he's brilliant here in the lead role. I've always liked Olivia Colman too, I'm really glad she's moved from TV comedy to serious acting, she's clearly more than capable. Best director, best actor and best actress at the sundance film festival 2011, do you need me to recommended it to you? Although, don't expect to laugh/smile or be comfortable during the best part. Believe me though, it's worth every minute of discomfort. Don't expect any dinosaurs either, my Wife nearly didn't come to see it with me because she didn't like Jurassic Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment