Wednesday 11 February 2015

Bad 25
Dir: Spike Lee
2012
***
Everything you could ever want to know about Micheal Jackson's album, Bad. Hard to believe it is 25 years old already. It was the third album I ever bought and it's still undeniably good, no matter where you sit on the MJ good guy/bad guy debate. I wish some of my other favorite albums would be so meticulously explored, it really is a fans dream with taking heads from everyone who worked on the album, bar the man himself of course. It probably could have done without the gushings of Justin Bieber and the like, I was listening to this when his Dad was still in school, no one needs to hear him tell us how good the album is but I guess the producers saw it as a way to reach out to the kids as if MJ hasn't done that already. No, I don't mean it like that but the music has and will always speak for itself. Surprised to see it was directed by Spike Lee but it explains why it is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment