Monday 23 February 2015


Body of Lies
Dir: Ridley Scott
2008
***
I wouldn't say Body of Lies is a return to form for Ridley Scott but along with American Gangster, it's certainly making up for a spell of bad films. It's the best I've seen Leonardo DiCaprio I have to say, I'm not usually a fan but I thought he did a great job here. I also liked Russell Crowe, although I still haven't quite forgiven either he or Ridley Scott for Another Year just yet. The contrast and ongoing relationship between the man in the field and the man making the decisions at home is what gives this film the edge. The acting is good, the action thrilling but tasteful and the story is pretty good too. I didn't care much for the love interest story line, it didn't seem in keeping with character but it was a good film overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment