Wednesday 18 February 2015


Brave
Dir: Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman
2012
****
I didn't not expect to like Brave as I find many animated films to hit and miss these days and I wasn't expecting much (especially as I'm not much of a Disney fan). I really liked it though, I thought the story was mature as well as appealing to the young. I liked the characters very much, this is often where animated films let themselves down by generally recycling the same character time and time again. It's nice to see a mostly all Scottish cast as well and not an American cast doing Scottish accents. I especially like Merida thought, probably because she reminded me of my lovely niece. Certainly one of the best characters Disney have come up with for quite a while, it's about time little Girls had a positive role-model to look up to instead of the usual 'Disney Princesses'.

No comments:

Post a Comment