Wednesday 18 February 2015


Hear My Song
Dir: Peter Chelsom
1991
****
I remember Hear my Song being the big hit of 1991 and then it just seem to disappear off the radar. It's taken me a while to get round to seeing but the wait was worth it. It's no masterpiece but the story is great and Peter Chelsom has this way of telling a story that really works. It's a mix of his skill as a director, the excellent cast and that early 90's magic that really makes this film work. Ned Beatty and Adrian Dunbar are perfect choices to the two lead roles, James Nesbitt still hasn't achieved the respect he deserves in my mind but I'm quite glad he hasn't disappeared to Hollywood at the same time, I'm surprised his performance here didn't make more of an impact into his career as I thought it was brilliant. A great story with a memorable finish, weird how everyone seems to have forgotten about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment