Wednesday 4 February 2015



Immortals
Dir: Tarsem Singh
2011
****
Tarsem Singh's films are always nothing short of stunning. They don't always grab one's interest story-wise but they always look glorious. In my opinion, Immortals is probably his best so far. It's as visually impressive as you'd expect and it's got a really good story. Mickey Rourke's performance as King Hyperion is brilliant, he's one of cinema's greatest villains in my opinion, intelligent, cruel and bloody terrifying. Singh's version of the Titans is bizarre but brilliant, although it is hard not to compare them to Table-football players. I thought the whole production was glorious and it's only because of some questionable CGI and unfortunate performances that I haven't given it a five star rating. I love a bit of Greek mythology and would usually be upset with any tinkering but the mixture of stories works really well here and I thoroughly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment