Monday 23 February 2015

My Sister's Keeper
Dir: Nick Cassavetes
2009
*
He's probably tired of people comparing him to his parents and I really shouldn't but I can't help it. How the hell can the Son of one of America's greatest directors/writers and 2 of the greatest actors of all time write/direct such an awful and terribly acted film? The initial story was strong but was soon almost forgotten about, like it drew the crowd in but didn't live up to its promise. It's so heavy handed that instead of feeling any empathy for any of the characters I just gave up caring. Some of the depictions of cancer patients and medical staff are verging on unforgivable and are at best insulting. Don't get me started on awful acting either, I can't be bothered to write any more about this film - a lazy review of a lazy film, not recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment