Monday 23 February 2015


Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Dir: Mike Newll
2010
**
They're going to release a film based on a breakfast cereal next, you mark my words. Apart from a bit of parkour I couldn't really see the link with the classic computer game, although it was slightly more fun as I remember the game being quite dull and only for the single player bedroom gamer. It's a bit like the Mummy, a bit like Indiana Jones and a bit like Wrath of the Titans although I don't think it is as good as any of them. It's just a little bit too predictable and formulaic and I thought it was poorly cast, many of the actors (Ben Kingsley, Alfred Molina) were cast as cliched characters. It's Pirates of the Caribbean without Johnny Depp. Not my cup of tea but the effects were really good and it's a good film for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment