Friday 6 February 2015



Revolver
Dir: Guy Ritchie
2005
*
What a load of nonsensical, plagiarist, headache inducing, pseudo-intellectual rubbish. Guy Ritchie has improved his visuals but he can't write to save his life. He spends far too much time trying to find that classic scene in this cult-fodder thriller that he forgets the golden rule, originality. Fight Club, The Usual Suspects, Things to do in Denver when you're Dead, Leon, Kill Bill..they're all ripped off here, and they all remain better films. Richie also cheats. He relies on unclear visual memory to add certain twists to the story, which are annoying and not very clever. At least this film hasn't got the usual 'Wacky Racers' cast in it but Andre Benjamin was pretty unconvincing, he and the rest of the cast must have been very tired as they all seemed to be half asleep (except Liotta who overacted magnificently). Don't get me wrong guys, I got it, I realise what he was trying to do, but where was the pay off? The end scene was a straight up 'f**k you, you've paid, I got your money, now piss off' for me. One star for the visual effects but that's as far as I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment