Tuesday 3 February 2015



The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
Dir: Steven Spielberg
2011
**
Tintin was always going to be a tough film to make. It's got a huge global fan-base, which I myself am a member. I grew up reading and loving all of the Tintin books and I have kept every single one in mint condition (next to my Asterix collection). So it was a relief to see that it wasn't a complete mess but to be honest I am disappointed. The computer animation is very impressive and all, I just don't know if it suited the original animation style - it only felt right when the characters were in profile. I think it was all a little too heavy handed, not just the animation but the action too. The characters aren't exactly as I'd imagined them as a child either and why they couldn't have just stuck to one story is beyond me. It just didn't feel like the work of someone who was a particularly big Tintin fan, I know films have got to make money but I think Steven Spielberg is rapidly loosing his magic and getting lazy. I really wanted to love it but I'm afraid it left me quite empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment