Monday 16 February 2015


The Passenger
Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
1975
****
Unlike Blow-up (also directed by Michelangelo Antonioni), which I felt was just a load of going from one place to another without any real justification and very little pay off, I found The Passenger to be quite enjoyable. It makes me want to invent a time machine, go back to 1975 and promptly go on holiday. I love the pace and I love the way Jack Nicholson goes with it, he is completely believable. The scenery is almost always beautiful as is the way every shot is filmed. I like the way the idea was subtly explored, if the same story was made into a film these days it would no doubt be turned into a moronic action film or a half-hearted thriller at best. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I really do love the 1970's.

No comments:

Post a Comment